- How an economy works; its structure and purpose, the roles of labor, capital, natural resources, businesses, and entrepreneurs.
- The processes within the economy; supply and demand, price discovery, specialization, trade, price signals, opportunity cost.
- Historical development of markets; Cavemen, Absolutism, Mercantilism, Adam Smith, Free Trade.
- Business processes; profit maximization, factory optimization, capital expansion decisions, ethics, negotiation, P&L’s, international operations.
- Funding; source of capital, investment risk, risk/reward ratios, angel investors and venture capitalists, making and evaluating investment pitches, having one’s own money at risk.
Middle School MBA kids at work!
My daughter knows things about our business that I didn't even know.A Happy Mom
How'd you do that?
You are the maestro of- Susie F (teacher)
Simplifying the Murky!
I was intimidated by the content at first, but then I found out- Emily P (teacher)
It was really easy!
This isn't secondary level, it's- Jim C. (ed-tech leader)
We’re not training workers; we’reJohn Foster